Word-of-mouth (WOM) marketing is perhaps the most powerful marketing tool in the world. If you don’t believe that, ask anyone who has ever received a recommendation for a restaurant or a product. It’s that simple. When you go around telling people about an amazing experience you had with a product, service, or person, it’s amazing what you can accomplish. Another thing that can add to WOM is signage. Say your business has incorporated marketing techniques such as signs for restaurants that you have placed around your business site, chances are these signs can immediately attract the attention of people who have already heard about your business from someone else. It can also compel them to go and check it out sometime.
WOM marketing happens when you spread the news about a product to a new person, and they then use that word of mouth to spread the news about that product to a new person. The concept is simple, but it can be a powerful way to grow a business. For example, when you hear a friend telling you they love a product, you might also be interested in trying it yourself.
WOM marketing is an essential marketing strategy that will increase your sales, and it is more effective than using advertising. Additionally, by providing a visual boost to WOM with a pamphlet, flyer, or business booklet (which you can check out on https://www.printivity.com/landing/booklets or similar sites), you may enhance the influence of your business services on possible new clients. Graphics, colors, and persuasive writing can further increase your chances of generating new leads. WOM marketing, along with some basic traditional marketing techniques, can benefit your business to a great extent.
So why is WOM marketing important?
Here are some of the reasons why word-of-mouth marketing is important:
- WOM is a powerful marketing tool, and thanks to social media marketing, WOM marketing has become much more powerful than it has ever been. The truth is that people trust what their friends say about a brand or product much more than they trust advertising.
According to a new study, consumers trust WOM from friends more than any other sources, including ads, online reviews, or articles about products. The study was conducted by researchers at Indiana University, and it revealed that 76 percent of the 6,000 people surveyed said they trust their friend’s opinion. The group’s findings were published in the “Journal of Consumer Research.”
A new report from a research firm also called Trust Radius, WOM from friends is still the most trusted form of marketing, more so than advertising or social media. In fact, it tied for first place with social media as the most trusted form of marketing. The report, which was based on a survey of nearly 2,000 U.S. adults, also found that it was greatly valued.
- Studies show that the best WOM campaigns are those that are authentic, creative, and communicated with the right combination of emotion and humor. WOM marketing has always been an effective marketing tool, and we use it every day to recommend products and services to our friends and family. But how effective is WOM marketing? A recent study by Forrester Consulting looked at the efficacy of various marketing tactics and found that WOM generated more than twice as many sales as paid advertising.
- The most effective way to get the word out about your business is through this method. It’s not just because it’s free, but the fact that word of mouth strengthens the relationship between the consumer and their product. For instance, when you get your food delivered to your home, you are more likely to return for another meal if you had a good experience with the last one.
In 2002, a study was released that concluded that WOM is the most disruptive to consumer decisions. The study suggested that the most effective means for brand message-diffusion was a trusted WOM messenger.
- According to a recent study, WOM is the primary factor behind 20% to 50% of all purchasing decisions: Ask a friend what a certain product or service is like and, if they like it, they’ll be more likely to share their opinion with their friends. When you buy something, you usually pay for it because the salesperson convinced you that the product is good or you may have read some reviews that show the product in a positive limelight. How do you suppose that the positive reviews are there in the first place? Each product before selling is researched thoroughly, designed, and tested. Then the SEO services tend to take it upon themselves to promote the product so that users like you can invest in them. They help create a narrative that compels the audience to look or buy the products. This can help in garnering maximum attention to the product or service that they are trying to advertise.
- The idea that WOM has a powerful effect on the way we make decisions and who we choose to hire, and what we choose to purchase is nothing new. According to a new study by the University of Wolverhampton and the University of Cambridge, this effect is far-reaching and can last up to five years. According to the study, this has an impact on products, products that are perceived as being more expensive, and products that are perceived as being more effective.