Every day hundreds of new cases of diabetic people appear. A significant fact is that ten out of every hundred people suffer from diabetes. This is mainly due to two factors: food and lack of physical activity.
It has no permanent cure, but you can control it by keeping your blood sugar levels and maintaining a good diabetic diet plan at the recommended levels.
If you suffer from any type of diabetes you have to bear in mind that there are certain tips which you should follow these include regular monitoring, diet, stress control, and medication. 10% of the population suffers from diabetes.
The best cure for this disease is prevention through the practice of healthy lifestyle habits. In this article, we will talk about what is diabetes and how can you control it.
What is diabetes? Diabetic Diet Plan
Diabetes is a metabolic disease that currently has no cure to reverse it. It occurs when too much glucose in the blood appears and is caused by a lack of insulin production or increased insulin requirements by tissues.
The organ responsible for producing insulin in the pancreas. This substance is responsible for getting stabilize sugar levels in the body and can pass into the blood.
Signs and Symptoms with Diabetic Diet Plan:
Diabetes is a disease that usually shows once it is in the body. It is not like other types of more stealthy diseases that barely make themselves known when they are already very installed in our body.
To detect and know if we are beginning to develop this disease, we may observe some or several of these symptoms:
- Frequent need to pee
- The feeling of always being thirsty
- Hunger in excess
- Tingling in hands and feet
- Continuous infectious diseases
Related Home Remedies for Stomach Pain
What tests will the doctor recommend and what to expect?
There are two types of tests, your doctor will recommend to diagnosing diabetes. These are:
- Urine Tests
- Blood tests
In urine tests, they collect a sample of your pee and check for the presence of an abnormal amount of glucose, ketones or other proteins in it.
If there are more than a normal amount of any of these things are present in your urine, diabetes is confirmed.
Same is the case with blood.
What other problems can arise from uncontrolled diabetes?
If diabetes isn’t controlled on time, you can get additional complications as well. These include:
- Vision problems
- Kidney failure
- Ulcers in foot
- Altered bowel habits
- Bad diabetic diet plan
Diabetes in pregnancy:
Gestational diabetes is a type of temporary diabetes and is one of the most frequent health problems of pregnant women. This type of diabetes is due to the way a woman’s body reacts to the hormones produced during pregnancy.
Approximately 7% of pregnant women suffer from this transient disease. This has a solution as long as the blood sugar level of the mother is controlled.
That way you will avoid problems in your body and in the baby. It is best to follow a healthy eating plan. By avoiding unhealthy foods, you will keep gestational diabetes at bay, also taking
How to fight diabetes: Dos and Don’ts
To combat diabetes it is important to change our routine and acquire a healthy lifestyle, implementing a healthy diabetic diet p
Eat a lot of fruits:
It is important to include fruits rich in fiber in foods, as they help improve cholesterol, which in turn improves metabolism, with low sugar content, since they are natural and help you to lead a healthy lifestyle.
These fruits are very beneficial for diabetes patients:
- Grapefruit or grapefruit: They are indicated to maintain the levels of glucose in the blood.
- The cherries: They contain anthocyanin a chemical substance that helps the formation of insulin by promoting a low level of blood sugar.
- Plum or jambul: It controls the levels of sugar in the blood.
- Apple: Apple helps us stabilize blood sugar levels and take care of our metabolism.
- The strawberry: The diabetics can take refreshing and diuretic virtues of strawberry because they contain high levels of sugar.
- The Kiwi: Kiwi is high in fiber and low in carbohydrates, which help control blood sugar levels and lower cholesterol.
- The pear: their high fiber content helps to maintain the feeling of fullness and carries out a purifying action of the organism accelerating our metabolism.
- The Uchuva: It is recommended for people with diabetes of all kinds, and thanks to its diuretic properties, It is also used as a natural tranquilizer for its flavonoid content.
Avoid processed Food:
All products that are not of natural origin, you must discard them. You can not eat them as good as they taste. These flavors are not natural but are achieved through flavor enhancers that even make them addictive for those who consume them.
Most of the artificial compounds that are added to foods to improve their preservation and flavor (among others) carry a large number of industrial sugars. These sugars will then become supersaturated fats and very difficult to eliminate for our body in a natural way.
Therefore, when you go to make the purchase you have to read carefully the labels of the products before throwing them in the car. If the product in question has more than three ingredients that you do not know, you should discard it.
You will realize the amount of “crap” that they sell us and that they camouflage us in pretty packaging and logos. Always, always, always read the labels. Do not let yourself be carried away by the image that this product tries to convey to you.
It can be very nice on the outside (the packaging) and very harmful to your health in terms of its content.
Other Do’s and don’ts include:
- Manage Your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Limit your salt intake
- Don’t eat fatty food
- Take your medications on time
- Avoid alcohol overdose
- Keep your insulin level in check
- Ask your doctor about Pancrease transplant possibilities
How to prevent diabetes:
Mother nature gives us tools to live in a healthy way and that is why we should do nothing but use common sense.
- Eat healthy and natural food for diabetic diet plan
- Exercise regularly and keep yourself active
- Avoid the Consumption of toxic substances like alcohol, cigarettes etc.
By following these three basic guidelines of your health care, you will very significantly reduce the chances of suffering from diabetes in the future.
As you can see, they are not impossible and are within the reach of anyone willing to lead a healthy life.